Sunday, April 19, 2009

Last jr. high honors assembly...

Again, I've let myself get a little behind on updating my blog so I'm going to be back-tracking a couple of weeks.

The last day of school before Easter break (Wednesday, April 8) was the last jr. high honors assembly Austin will ever have. An honors assembly is held after each 9 weeks (except for the last 9 weeks, of course) to recognize students making the honor roll. In his three years of jr. high Austin has made the honor roll every single time, and as a jr. high staff member, I have had the opportunity most parents don't have of watching him receive his award each time. I was going to take a picture of him accepting his last award for jr. high, but decided to save him the embarrassment. Grades have always been important to Austin and he works very hard to keep them above average. Over the last 3 years his GPA has not fallen below a 3.5, and that was during an exceptionally tough 9-week period for him, but was still high enough for him to receive an award. For this last awards ceremony he had received one 'B' and the rest 'A's--which is typical for him. Needless to say, I am very proud of him and his hard work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barb. You are right on the nose being so proud of such a brilliant young man. Austin sounds like a really super person - which means he surely takes after his mother. As I recall all those hundreds of years ago you were pretty dang smart yourself.

Congratulations to you AND Austin. What an achievement.